Photographer: William J. Churill

Photographer: Jeff  Scott

Killarney East

Killarney, ONT

Built :  1866

Construction :  Square, wood

Status : Active

Location : "Red Rock Point" Killarney, Ontario

Lat.  45 58' N  -  Long.  81 29' W

Height : 25 feet

Access : Boat, East entrance to Killarney Channel. Car, 40 miles North of Hwy. 69 taking Hwy. 637 to Killarney, Ont. 

Lighthouse History : This beautiful little "pepper shaker" lighthouse marks the East entrance to the Killarney Channel in Northeastern Georgian Bay. 

Constructed in 1866, 30 feet above the water on colorful reddish rock, the tower has a height of 25 feet. The light was first lit on July 27, 1867 creating a lens focal plane at 50 feet above water level. The lighthouse is square and constructed of wood. The exterior is painted white with red trim, a red steel walkway and lantern room. Internally straight stairs lead up to the lantern with a landing half way. The nearby radio tower makes this lighthouse look more modern than it really is.

 


 

Harbors | Lighthouses | Shipwrecks & Scuba Diving | Great Lakes Shipping | Services | Site Map | Links

Any Latitude,  Longitude Coordinates & Navigational Information given in this Web Site is for REFERENCE ONLY! 

Use only current Charts for Navigation, available from many Commercial Marina's.   Please see "terms and conditions"

Web Page Designed by Midwest Connection, l.l.c.

All photographs & images are property of  Midwest Connection,l.l.c. and/or Lakers Photography and/or it's Respective Photographer

URL: www.midwestconnection.com                  Email: webmaster@midwestconnection.com 

Copyright 1999-2005 Midwest Connection, L.L.C.  All rights reserved.